This is my report on activities related to the Mozilla Foundation for the week ending July 18, 2008.
Projects for the week
- Future of the Foundation
- Legal issues
- Gerv called for people to sign committer’s agreements at the Firefox Summit.
- Grants and related expenditures
- CAs and related issues
- I gave final approval for two requests from GlobalSign (bugs 406794 and 406796) and filed bug 446407 against NSS and bug 446409 against PSM for the actual code changes.
- I started the first public comment period for requests from Comodo (for a new ECC root, bug 421946), Deutsche Telekom/T-Systems (bug 378882), and Wells Fargo (bug 428390).
- I worked with Kathleen Wilson to select the next group of CAs for which to process requests and do information gathering.
- Public communication
- David arranged for printing copies of the Mozilla brochure for OSCON, and started work on a brochure page for http://www.mozilla.org.
- David prepared for a session on the www.mozilla.org site at the upcoming Firefox Summit.
- David updated the About page on http://www.mozilla.org to keep it in sync with the last round of changes to the text of the Mozilla brochure.
- Zak continued working on the proposed FOSSCoach event at OSCON and related activities, including drafting the schedule and helping to orient the event coaches and participants.
- Gerv met with various people about proposed Site Security Policy implementations.
Upcoming events and activities
- David, Gerv, and Zak will be attending OSCON (July 21-25 in Portland OR) and the Firefox Summit (July 29-31 in Whistler BC).
- I will be attending the Firefox Summit but not OSCON, and then will be on vacation for most of the following week.