This is my report on activities related to the Mozilla Foundation for the week ending July 11, 2008.
Projects for the week
- Legal issues
- Gerv worked on a variety of licensing issues involving software to be used in the context of the Mozilla project.
- Grants and related expenditures
- Gerv contacted the various people involved in Google Summer of Code projects related to Mozilla in order to get current status reports.
- The Mozilla Foundation is funding a new project by Eitan Isaacson to do comparison testing of accessibility support for Firefox and other browsers.
- CAs and related issues
- Public communication
- Zak continued working on the proposed FOSSCoach event at OSCON and related activities, including drafting the schedule and helping to orient the event coaches and participants.
- Gerv continued a discussion on how to to gather ISP configuration data for Thunderbird autoconfig, and created a Google Spreadsheet with proposed data to collect.
- Gerv attended the party for the presentation of the Firefox Guinness world record certificate, where he can be seen trying to peer over Tristan’s left shoulder.
Upcoming events and activities
- David, Gerv, and Zak will be attending OSCON (July 21-25 in Portland OR) and the Firefox Summit (July 29-31 in Whistler BC). I will be attending the Firefox Summit but not OSCON.