This is my report on activities related to the Mozilla Foundation for the week ending May 16, 2008.
Projects for the week
Here’s a summary of what Foundation-related activities went on last week; for more information about others’ activities please see the weekly status reports published by David Boswell, Gerv Markham, and Zak Greant.
- Grants and related expenditures
- Eitan Isaacson published an update on his Mozilla Foundation-funded work to improve the Orca open source screen reader for Linux.
- The Perl Foundation received a $200,000 donation to support Perl 6 development. Among other things, this donation will be used for continuation of Patrick Michaud’s Perl 6 work, for which the Mozilla Foundation made a $10,000 seed grant.
- Legal issues
- CAs and related issues
- I found someone to help clear the backlog of CA requests.
- Public communications and related issues
- David continued work on the http://www.mozilla.org site.