This is my report on activities related to the Mozilla Foundation for the week ending May 9, 2008.
Projects for the week
Here’s a summary of what Foundation-related activities went on that week; for more information about others’ activities please see the weekly status reports published by David Boswell, Gerv Markham, and Zak Greant.
- Grants and related expenditures
- With support from people who’ve designated donations for Bugzilla, the Mozilla Foundation is funding a new project to be undertaken by Everything Solved, Inc. As a major Bugzilla contributor and customization expert, Everything Solved will survey large corporations and organizations already using Bugzilla in order to determine what the most desired enhancements and changes are. This will help guide the Bugzilla project for future development, and will also begin a standardized and organized list of feature ideas from the most visible users of Bugzilla.
- Legal issues
- We got a final round of legal review for the proposed new Mozilla committer’s agreement.
- CAs and related issues
- I held discussions with various parties about how to resolve issues with disabling email trust for certificates issued by DigiNotar.
- Public communications and related issues