This is my report on activities related to the Mozilla Foundation for the week ending March 14, 2008. (I’m running a bit behind on status reports; the one for last week should be up in the next couple of days.)
Projects for the week
Here’s a summary of what Foundation-related activities went on last week; for more information about others’ activities please see the weekly status reports published by David Boswell, Gerv Markham, and Zak Greant.
- Grants and related expenditures
- I worked on new grants (recently approved); no public announcements yet
- CAs and related issues
- Public communication
- David continued work on http://www.mozilla.org changes and the proposed new Mozilla T-shirt, as well as other internal (for now) projects.
- Conferences and events
- Zak did a keynote presentation at the PHP Quebec Conference March 12-14.
- I attended the CSUN conference for one day and worked at the Mozilla booth. Thanks go to David for helping to get stuff shipped to CSUN, and to all the people who did booth duty at CSUN: Mick Curran, Joanie Diggs, Eitan Isaacson, Steve Lee, Chris Leung, Jamie Teh, and (last not least) Marco Zehe.
Upcoming events and activities
- I’m planning to attend the Freedom to Connect conference March 31 and April 1, 2008 in Silver Spring MD, and (if possible) the Berkman@10 conference May 15-16 in Boston MA.
- Zak will be speaking at the Go Open conference April 8 and 9, 2008, in Oslo, the Leadership by (Open) Innovation in the Telecom, IT and Media Industries conference April 24 in Munich, and other events later in 2008.