This is my report on activities related to the Mozilla Foundation for the week ending January 4, 2008.
Projects for the week
Here’s a summary of what Foundation-related activities went on last week; for more information about others’ activities please see the weekly status reports published by David Boswell, Gerv Markham, and Zak Greant.
- Grants and related expenditures
- I got grant agreements in place for two new grants (to be announced later), finished a grant agreement for one more, and received proposals for more grants.
- Licensing and legal
- I worked with Gerv on a plan to make progress on the proposed replacement for the CVS contributor form, with Gerv contributing drafts of related documents.
- CAs and related issues
- Public communications
- David worked on more proposed changes to http://www.mozilla.org.
- Zak coordinated proposed Mozilla Foundation participation in various 2008 conferences and other events.
Upcoming trips and events
- I’ll be attending the Freedom to Connect conference March 31 and April 1 in Silver Spring MD.
- Zak will be speaking at the Southern California Linux Expo February 8-10 in Los Angeles, the PHP Quebec Conference March 12-14 in Montreal, and other events later in 2008.
A final note: Although 2007 has ended, we’re still accepting donations to the Mozilla Foundation through our directed giving program. Help support Bugzilla, Camino, SeaMonkey, and the Mozilla accessibility project, as well as general Foundation activities for the coming year.