This is my report on activities related to the Mozilla Foundation for the weeks ending December 14, December 21, and December 28, 2007.
Projects for the week
Here’s a summary of what Foundation-related activities went on in the last three weeks; for more information about others’ activities please see the weekly status reports published by David Boswell, Gerv Markham, and Zak Greant.
- Grants and related expenditures
- A number of significant grant proposals were approved in December; I’ll make public announcements on these soon and will update the 2007 grants report to reflect all 2007 activities.
- Eitan Isaacson completed work on a Mozilla Foundation-funded project to improve performance of the Orca open source screen reader; for more information see GNOME bugs 446277, 495077, 502924, and 491756, as well as Marco Zehe’s report on the overall improvements to Orca performance with Firefox 3. Eitan is now working on a new Foundation-funded project to enhance the Braille output of Orca, including adding support for contracted Braille.
- Licensing and legal
- I looked over the proposed replacement for the CVS contributor form to determine what’s needed to complete the project.
- CAs and related issues
- I went over the application for inclusion from TÜRKTRUST and all the public comments prior to making a final decision on approval.
- Web sites
- David Boswell worked more on proposed changes to http://www.mozilla.org.
Upcoming trips and events
- I’m planning to attend the Freedom to Connect conference March 31 and April 1, 2008 in Silver Spring MD.