This is my report on activities related to the Mozilla Foundation for the week ending November 23, 2007. Note that this was a short week for those of us in the US due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
Projects for the week
Here’s a summary of what Foundation-related activities went on last week; for more information about others’ activities please see the weekly status reports published by David Boswell, Gerv Markham, and Zak Greant.
- Grants and related expenditures
- I did a blog post describing Mozilla Foundation grants and related expenditures in 2007.
- David Humphrey pointed us to a press article about Mozilla
activities in Toronto and at Seneca College. (Seneca is a Mozilla Foundation grantee.)
- I did a blog post on the new Mozilla Foundation directed giving program.
- David Boswell published a FAQ about donating to the Foundation and a new page describing Foundation activities, and coordinated updates to the main Mozilla Foundation donation page and the per-project donation pages for Bugzilla, Camino, SeaMonkey, and Mozilla accessibility to people with disabilities.
- CAs and related issues
- I worked on the applications for inclusion from SwissSign and TÜRKTRUST CAs, announced my intent to approve TÜRKTRUST’s inclusion, and started a two-week comment period on TÜRKTRUST’s application.
- Gerv helped resolve some licensing-related issues.
- Gerv provided detailed feedback on Alex Faaborg’s UI mockups.
- I’m planning to be in Mountain View on December 11 (afternoon only) and 12.